In September 1952, Giuseppe Fellin, an attentive and passionate wine merchant, visited the food fair in Parma, where he participated in conferences on the health benefits of mineral water.
Giuseppe Fellin remembered that back in 1913, Vienna professors Dr. Lode and Dr. Bamberger analyzed the water springs on Mount Plose near his summer residence and found them to be of excellent quality.
After testing the water himself, Fellin decided to get it professionally analyzed.
He personally took a flask of the precious liquid and carried on his shoulders in a pannier down into the valley.
The results of those analyses were excellent and this initiated the ambitious project of bottling the Mount Plose water.
In 1953 the first inspections were carried out, made difficult by limited technology and by the remoteness of the springs. But in just four years’ time, the building from which the first bottles of Plose Water were sent was constructed.